Why can’t I use a password?
We use Magic Links to sign in by sending an email containing a link, which can be clicked or tapped to sign in. There are numerous benefits to signing in by email:
- Low friction sign-up and sign-in.
- Lower risk of password reuse across applications, which can undermine security of even well-selected passwords.
- The ability to authenticate a user while also verifying that the client is the legitimate owner of an email address.
- A client only needs an accessible email account to sign in. No ownership of a phone number or social media account is required.
- A client can sign in securely without the need to provide (or remember) a password, which can be cumbersome on a mobile device.